How it Works
How The Premium is Calculated
There are several factors that affect the premium charge for a MortgageSafe policy.
- Age (18 to 59 as at last birthday);
- Smoker status;
- Level of cover (Core, Essential12 or Essential24);
- Amount of cover (£200 to £1,500 per month);
- Term of the policy (up to 40 years and no later than 70th birthday);
- Body Mass Index (‘BMI’); and
- Optional Child Cover.
When applying for Essential12 or Essential24 cover, a number of health questions will be asked before determining whether we can offer cover or not.
If we offer cover, we may do so with one or more exclusions to the cover.